|Buffalo Chicken Salad|
Are you a buffalo wing lover?
I don’t know many people who aren’t.
With the hot sticky days of summer upon us, this chilled chicken salad packs all the flavor of those beloved buffalo wings in a much cooler and lighter way.
It’s a simple, economical recipe that uses a readily available super market rotisserie chicken so that you won’t be heating up your own kitchen. Of course leftover chicken works well too.
All you need is a few additional ingredients and you’re on your way to a delicious lunch. And if you need a quick party appetizer just stuff this salad into celery stalks and they're ready to go. It’s a new twist on Buffalo wings that gets them all dressed up for the summer season.
Buffalo Chicken Salad
Prep time: 10 min
Servings: 2 - 4
- 2 cups cooked chicken (chilled & diced)
- 2 heaping tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 heaping tbsp sour cream
- ¼ cup hot sauce
- 1 grated carrot
- 1 rib diced celery
- 2 oz crumbled blue cheese
Video Tutorial: Coming Soon
- Dice the chicken into ½ inch pieces.
- In a medium bowl combine the chicken, mayonnaise, sour cream, hot sauce, carrot, celery and blue cheese.
- Stir until the ingredients are well combined and chill for ten minutes to allow the flavors to combine.
Serve in sandwiches, sliders, wraps, lettuce cups or celery stalks.