|Bananas Foster - Naturally Gluten Free|
When you need a quick and easy dessert that's sure to impress your guests Bananas Foster is the way to go.
Now as far as wowing those guests, I’m not taking about that whole flambe thing they do table-side at the restaurants. Yes that’s fun to watch but I think the dessert itself is impressive. It's a symphony of brown sugary goodness with a touch of spicy cinnamon to keep it from being cloyingly sweet. Instead, that warm buttery rum sauce mingles with the vanilla ice cream to turn this into something magical.
And it's really hard to screw this one up unless of course you overcook the bananas and turn them into mush. Let’s just say this isn’t the time to use those half dead looking bananas that are best suited for banana bread. Instead choose bananas that are ripe but still firm and then warm them in the sauce but don't leave them in the hot pan for too long and perfection will be yours.
When you bring this to the table everyone will be smiling.
Prep time: 2 min
Cook time: 5 min
- 2 tbsp butter
- ½ cup dark brown sugar
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- 2 bananas, sliced in half lengthwise and halved again
- ¼ cup dark rum
- 2-4 scoops vanilla ice cream
- Combine the butter, brown sugar, and cinnamon in a medium skillet over a medium-low heat and stir until the sugar dissolves.
- Add the rum wait for it to bubble and stir for 1-2 minutes then place the bananas in the pan.
- Spoon the sauce over the bananas shaking the pan periodically and once they’re all well coated in the sauce and they’re done.
- To serve place 2-4 banana slices around each scoop of ice cream and spoon the warm sauce over the top. Serve immediately before the ice cream melts too much.