|Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Bars|
These gluten free Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Bars have mass appeal. If you want to be the one everyone is raving about at the next potluck, leave the ambrosia home and whip up an easy batch of these cheesecake bars.
Their smaller size not only makes them easier to serve, it also makes it easier for you to stay in your skinny clothes since one or two isn’t really too much of an overindulgence. At least that’s what I tell myself.
Just remember, whenever there’s a potluck or picnic, most of the guests will remember who brought the cheesecake. And you’ll be remembered for all the right reasons.
Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Bars
Prep Time: 15 min
Bake Time: 50-55 min
- 7 oz gluten free chocolate chip cookies or graham crackers
- 3 tbsp butter, melted
- 1 tbsp sugar
- ¼ cup mini chocolate chips
- 4 cups cream cheese, softened (4 bars)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ cup mini chocolate chips
- 2 oz semisweet chocolate chips
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- Preheat the oven to 325 °F (or 165 °C) and line a 9 x 13 inch pan with parchment sprayed with nonstick spray.
- For the crust, place the cookies into a Ziploc bag and crush them with a rolling pin until they look like coarse crumbs.
- Combine the cookie crumbs, melted butter, sugar and mini chocolate chips and stir until the mixture looks like damp sand then spread it evenly along the bottom of the pan being careful not to disturb the parchment.
- Refrigerate the crust for about 10 minutes while you prepare the batter.
- Beat together the cream cheese, sour cream, sugar and vanilla until smooth and lump free. Be sure to scrape down the sides of the bowl periodically with a rubber spatula.
- Add the eggs one at a time allowing each egg to fully incorporate before adding the next. Add the chocolate chips and beat until incorporated.
- Pour the batter onto the prepared crust and spread evenly over the bottom.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes or until set. Remove the pan from the oven and let it cool to room temperature before garnishing.
- To make the ganache, in a microwave safe bowl combine the semisweet chocolate and heavy cream then microwave it at 80% power in 30 second increments stirring after each session until the mixture is smooth and glossy.
- Let the ganache cool for 5 minutes then load it into a Ziploc bag with a small corner snipped off and drizzle it over the bars.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours, but overnight is even better.