|Cranberry Orange Almond Mug Cake|
This gluten free Cranberry Orange Almond mug cake features sweet warm holiday flavors in an easy to make single serve cake. Mug cakes are very appealing this time of the year especially if you’re trying to cut down a little before the holiday indulgences get into full swing. Let’s face it, if you’re dying for a sweet treat and you make a whole cake or a batch of cupcakes, it will be highly unlikely that you’ll stop at just one.
With mug cakes on the other hand you can get your sweet fix and be done with it. And mug cakes are very simple to throw together. Forget what I just said. Seriously, put that thought right out of your mind. If you start thinking about how easy these are to make, you’ll once again be faced with the dilemma of trying to stop at just one. All I can say is good luck staying on track during the holiday season.
Cranberry Orange Almond Mug Cake
Prep time: 5 min
Cook time: 2 - 3 min
- 5 tbsp almond meal (I used a variety with the skins)
- 1/8 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp baking soda
- sprinkle of salt
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- sprinkle of cinnamon
- 2 tbsp orange juice
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup of fresh cranberries
- In a 2 cup pyrex ramekin, stir together the dry ingredients (first 6 ingredients).
- Add the orange juice, vegetable oil and egg and mix until you have a smooth batter then stir in the cranberries.
- Microwave on high for 2 - 3 minutes depending on the shape of your cooking vessel and the wattage of your microwave..
- Let it rest for 1-2 minutes garnish with whipped cream or ice cream if desired.