|Stuffing Ball Turkey Noodle Soup|
This gluten free stuffing ball recipe transforms your leftover stuffing into light fluffy meatballs with Thanksgiving flair. Think of them as sort of a hybrid between delicious matzo balls and those tiny meatballs you’d find in Italian wedding soup.
And once baked the stuffing balls can be eaten by themselves as an appetizer or tossed into the homemade turkey soup most of make after Thanksgiving anyway. They’re like big fluffy stuffing dumplings the whole family will love.
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 25 min
Servings: 28 balls
- 4 cups of leftover stuffing
- 1 lb ground meat
- ½ cup of grated Pecorino Romano or Parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- salt and pepper and crushed red pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 325°F (or 165 °C)
- Mix all of the ingredients together until you have a homogeneous mixture.
- Form balls that are about 1 ½ in diameter and place them onto a baking sheet lined with foil and sprayed with nonstick spray.
- Bake for 25 minutes on the upper rack of your oven then serve either as an appetizer or toss them into chicken or turkey soup, simmer an additional 15 minutes and serve.