|Gluten Free Pumpkin Butter Pancakes|
These delicious pumpkin butter pancakes are effortless to make if you have a batch of that pumpkin butter that I showed you in the last post tucked away in your refrigerator. This is an incredible way to bring boring pancakes that holiday flair without much extra work. And the pumpkin butter is used in both the pancakes themselves and in the luxurious cream that crowns that glorious stack. Seriously, can you think of an easier way to make breakfast pop this time of the year? Now I gotta go make another batch of that 4 ingredient pumpkin butter since the holidays are just beginning.
Pumpkin Butter Pancakes
Prep time: 5 min
Cook time: 7 min
- 1 egg
- 1 ½ cups milk
- 2 tbsp oil
- ½ cup pumpkin butter
- 1 ½ cups gluten free self- rising or pancake mix
- 1/3 cup pumpkin butter
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- In a medium bowl beat together, the egg, milk, oil, and pumpkin butter until well combined.
- Stir in the self- rising flour or pancake mix until you have a thick homogenous batter but don’t over-mix or the pancakes will be tough. (set aside)
- To make the topping whisk together the pumpkin butter and heavy cream then set aside.
- In a large nonstick skillet with a little butter, spoon or scoop ¼ cup measures onto the pan over a medium low heat.
- Let them cook fo 3 or 4 minutes on the first side or until the tops start to look slightly dry and you see large bubbles forming on the surface then give them a flip and cook them for 2 minutes on the second side.
- Add walnuts on top for added crunch and flavor.
- Apple butter works well too in both the pancakes and the cream on top for apple pie flavored pancakes.
- I like my batter thick because I like my pancakes thick and fluffy. If you want thinner pancakes make thinner batter.