|Slow Cooker Baked Pasta|
Slow Cooker Baked Pasta
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 2 ½ - 3 ½ hours
- 1 lb gluten free penne pasta
- 4 cups marinara sauce
- 15 oz part skim ricotta
- ½ cup pecorino romano cheese
- 1 egg
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp minced parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- 6 oz low fat mozzarella, grated
- 1 cup gluten free chicken or beef stock
- Stir together the ricotta, pecorino romano cheese, egg, garlic powder, parsley, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Spray the ceramic insert of your crock-pot with nonstick spray.
- Add 1/3 of the pasta with 1/3 of the sauce and stir to get them combined.
- Dollop 1/2 the ricotta mixture in an even layer and sprinkle on 1/3 of the mozzarella. top.
- Repeat by layering in 1/3 of the pasta, then 1/3 of the sauce, the remaining half of the ricotta mixture and 1/3 of the mozzarella.
- For the final layer, add the remaining third of the pasta, with the remaining sauce and mozzarella sprinkled on top.
- Pour the chicken or beef stock over the top aiming mainly towards the edges then cover and cook on high for ½ hr then low for 2 - 3 hours or until the pasta looks cooked. Mine was fully done in 3 hours. Turn off the slow cooker and let it stand for at least a half an hour to set, then served with additional sauce and grated cheese.
Notes: The recipe for the garlic bread recipe pictured here is covered in the video.
Post a Comment