|Almond Joy Impossible Pie|
This Impossible Almond Joy Pie is an easy variation of Bisquick’s impossible coconut pie. With the added flavors of chocolate and almonds, this pie has all the classic flavor of an almond joy bar. This simple mix-and-dump pie couldn’t be easier to make since there’s no crust involved. The original impossible coconut pie has been a favorite in my family for years. The addition of almonds and semi-sweet chocolate chips brings this old favorite to new heights. If you love the almond joy bar, you’re going to love this pie.
Impossible Almond Joy Pie
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 55 - 60 min
- (1) 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 4 eggs
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups milk
- ½ cup gluten free Bisquick
- 6 oz sweetened shredded coconut , about 2 cups loosely packed
- ½ cup chopped almonds
- ¾ cup semisweet chocolate chips, chopped
- TO GARNISH:
- 2 oz chocolate chips, about 1/3 cup
- 2 tbsp heavy cream
- 1 oz almonds chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (or 175 °C) and grease a 10 inch deep dish pie plate with gluten free nonstick cooking spray. Place the pie dish onto a foil lined baking sheet incase anything spills over during baking.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the sweetened condensed milk, eggs, butter and vanilla until well combined.
- Add the milk and Bisquick and continue whisking until well incorporated.
- Stir in the coconut, chocolate chips, and almonds and carefully pour the batter into the prepared pie dish. The batter will come up almost to the top of the pan so be careful as you walk it oven.
- Bake it for 55 minutes -1 hour then remove it from the oven and allow it to cool.
- To garnish the pie, in a small microwave safe bowl combine the chocolate chips and heavy cream and microwave on high for 30 seconds then remove the bowl and stir the chocolate and cream together until very well combined. Drizzle the chocolate all over the top then scatter over the chopped almonds. The pie can be served chilled or at room temperature.