|Cajun Shrimp Pasta - Applebee's Copycat recipe|
· 12 oz shrimp, peeled and deveined
· 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning blend
· 4 oz gluten free fettuccine
· 1 onion, thinly sliced
· 1 red pepper, thinly sliced
· 1 green pepper, thinly sliced
· 1 tbsp olive oil
· Salt and pepper to taste
· 2 cloves of garlic, minced
· 2 tbsp butter
· 1 lemon, the juice and the zest
1. Prepare the fettuccine 1 minute shy of the package instructions. If you drop the pasta into the salted boiling water just after starting the sauce they will both be done at roughly the same time.
2. In a small bowl mix the shrimp with the Cajun seasoning.
3. In a large sauté pan over a medium high heat add the peppers, onions, and olive oil with some salt and pepper to taste and sauté for 3-5 minutes or until they begin to soften.
4. Push all of the veggies to one side of the pan and add the butter, garlic, lemon zest and shrimp to the empty part of the pan then sauté the shrimp for 2 minutes on the first side and an additional minute on the second side. If your pasta in not done yet you’ll need to remove the shrimp from the pan so they won’t overcook.
5. Continue sautéing the peppers and onions using the whole surface of the pan now and once the fettuccine is done add it to the pan but reserve some of the pasta cooking water in case it is needed to loosen the dish.
6. Add the shrimp back into the pan then squeeze the fresh lemon juice over the skillet and continue to toss the pasta until everything is well combined then serve.
Notes: Be sure to have all of your chopping and prepping done in advance since the dish moves along quickly once you start.
Good day! I was so impressed to have seen a great artwork. You've done a great job.Well, thank you for sharing your talent and article it is very well appreciated by me. You can also visit my site if you have time.ReplyDelete