|Almond Nutella Brownie Bites|
The batter for these Nutella Almond brownie bites can be easily turned into Nutella sandwich cookies but the most remarkable detail about this recipe is how simple it is. Of course I’m pretty struck by their deliciousness too. It's hard to believe that using only five ingredients I was able to create not one but two decadent treats.
I adapted this recipe from one that originally included peanut butter instead of the hazelnut spread. I was able to leave out the extra sugar in the recipe since Nutella itself is a lot sweeter than peanut butter. I also used lightly salted almonds on top to reflect the salt from the peanut butter in my original recipe. I couldn’t have asked for a better result.
- 1 cup nutella
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup gluten free Bisquick
- 2 tbs cocoa
- 1 cup almonds, chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F or 175 °C and line 2 mini muffin tins with paper liners.
2. In a medium bowl whisk the Nutella and eggs together until they are well combined.
3. In a smaller bowl mix the cocoa and gluten free bisquick together.
4. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir with a rubber spatula until the batter is thoroughly combined.
5. Divide the batter evenly among the 24 liners and top each brownie with chopped almonds.
6. Bake them for 13 minutes. Remove them from the muffin tins and allow them to cool for a few minutes before serving.
|Almond Nutella Sandwich Cookies|
To make the batter into brownie sandwich cookies instead of brownie bites, stir the chopped almonds into the brownie batter and chill for 15 minutes. Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto a baking sheet that has been greased or lined with parchment paper. Bake at 350°F or 175 °C for 13 minutes. When the cookies are cooled sandwich a dollop of Nutella between the cookies.