|Loaded Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies|
What’s for breakfast? You might want to start your day off with a few of these Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies. These classic chewy oatmeal cookies are loaded with everything you might stir into a bowl of oatmeal.
Since they're packed with walnuts, raisins, cranberries, and apricots there’s something for everyone. For the kids, I’ve also thrown in some semisweet chocolate chips so they won’t think these cookies are too healthy.
So now if you’re wondering if these are nutritious enough to be your go-to breakfast, I’d have to vote no. But in an emergency when you’re running late, I’d grab a couple of these without blinking an eye.
And these scrumptious cookies are without a doubt a much healthier snack than many of the other tidbits you might toss into your mouth throughout the day.
- ¾ cup butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 ¼ cups gluten free Bisquick
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3 cups gluten free rolled oats
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1/3 cup dried apricots, chopped into small pieces
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F or 190 °C
2. Either with a mixer by hand or beat together butter and sugar until light and creamy.
3. Add the eggs and vanilla and beat well.
4. Add the gluten free Bisquick or (flour, baking soda, salt) and cinnamon and mix well.
5. Add the oats, walnuts, chocolate chips, cranberries, raisins, and apricots then mix until everything is evenly distributed.
6. Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
7. Bake 12-14 minutes then remove them from the baking sheet and cool them on a wire rack.
Notes: If you don’t have gluten free Bisquick you can substitute 1 ¼ cups gluten free all-purpose flour plus 1 tsp baking soda and ½ tsp salt. These cookies can also be made as bar cookies by pressing the dough into a 13x9 inch pan then baking for 35 minutes.