· 1 lb lean beef sliced into 1/4 inch pieces
· 8 oz button mushrooms, sliced
· 1 medium onion, sliced
· 1 clove of garlic, minced
· 1 cup of defrosted frozen peas
· 2 cups gluten free beef stock or broth
· ½ cup red wine
· 1 tbsp olive oil
· 1 tbsp butter
· ½ cup of low fat Greek, plus more for garnishing if you want
· 2 tbsp cornstarch
· salt and pepper to taste
1. Add the beef and cornstarch with some salt and pepper to a gallon sized Ziploc bag and shake until all of the beef is well coated.
2. In a large skillet over a medium high heat, add the oil and ½ the beef. Don’t over crowd the pan or it won’t properly brown. I added the beef one piece at a time since the cornstarch has a tendency to make it stick together. After about two minutes turn the beef and cook it for an additional minute then remove it from then pan and repeat this process with the other half of the beef and set it aside.
3. Lower the heat to medium then add the butter, mushrooms, onion and garlic to the pan with a bit more salt and pepper. Sauté the vegetables for about 5 minutes or until the onions have softened and the mushrooms begin to brown. Use a wooden spoon to stir occasionally and help pick up the pan drippings from the previous step.
4. Add the wine and simmer for 2 minutes then add the beef stock and the beef and simmer uncovered on low for 30 minutes.
5. Add the peas and simmer for 2 minutes then add the yogurt, turn off the heat and stir the yogurt into the sauce until it is well combined. Serve over lightly buttered gluten free noodles or pasta. Other gluten free serving options include rice and potatoes.
The food is absolutely amazing. I hope I could taste and cook that in actual, maybe if I have much time since I am so busy working. Anyways, thanks for sharing your article. God Bless and have a good day. Visit my site too.ReplyDelete
I must say that you have a very good article.Continue to inspire your reader and Have a good day! You can also visit my site indicated below and share it with your friends.ReplyDelete