Friday, October 28, 2011

Curry Thai Chicken

Curry Thai Chicken
This Curry Thai Chicken dish popped into my head as I spied a container of leftover rice in the fridge.  Since my daughter was at school, I was only making lunch for myself.  I thought this was the perfect opportunity to get a little exotic.  A few weeks ago I told you about the spice blends I got from Spicely Organic Spices.  Well today I thought I’d put the Curry Thai spice to good use with that leftover rice and a few ingredients I found hunting in the fridge and pantry.  It’s amazing what you can quickly create with the right spices and a few fresh ingredients.  Spicely’s blends are all certified gluten free, organic, vegan, MSG free and so much more.  Be sure to stop by and check out the Spicely Company and Spicely YouTube Channel for more recipes and info about their spices.   

Ingredients:

4oz chicken breast, cut into 1 inch pieces
2 tsp curry thai spice
2 tsp oil
1 cup leftover rice
1 small onion, cut into thin wedges
1 carrot, cut into medium pieces
1 clove of garlic, sliced
1 chili, cut into slivers  
2 scallions
10 almonds, chopped
1 tbsp dried cranberries
1 tbsp of sour cream
1 tsp of chicken bouillon

Video Tutorial:



Instructions:

1.      In a medium non stick skillet, over a medium high heat, add the onion, carrots, garlic and chili peppers with a tablespoon of oil and sauté for about 1-2 minutes.
2.      Push all of the veggies to one side of the pan and add the marinated chicken to the pan and sauté for about 2-3 minutes or until the chicken is browned on one side then them over and let them go for another 2-3 minutes.  I added some red pepper flakes here since I wanted my dish to be a little spicier.   
3.      Add about 2/3 of a cup of water and the bouillon powder to the pan and reduce the heat and let everything gently simmer for about 3 minutes while you heat up the rice.
4.      Place the rice into a small saucepan with 2 tablespoons of water then add the cranberries and the almonds with a  dash of turmeric (optional) before stirring it all together and letting it simmer for no more than 1 minute.
5.      At this point the liquid in your curry pan should be nicely reduced. Simply sir in the sour cream and this dish is about ready to serve. 
6.      Garnish with a few chopped scallions and more red pepper flakes.

4 comments:

  1. Love curry and great vlog instructions too:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your dish look fantastic too!..I love your pantry, now in my pantry have only eggs and uncooked rice :'( Now in Thailand getting heavy flooding.

    Anyway, Thanks for visit my blog, I really appreciate it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @KitchenAholics Thanks for your great comment. I hope your pantry is replenished soon.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...