|Oven Fried Chicken Parmesan - Penne with Green Beans|
This Oven Fried Chicken Parmesan is not only gluten free, it’s also been lightened up by using the oven fry method instead of the higher fat way this dish is usually prepared. Beyond the fat and calories we’re saving, there are other benefits to using the oven fried method. We won’t be cleaning up the grease spatters that often accompany stove top frying or wasting excess oil. Instead we’ll be using just a few drops of oil and tossing out a sheet of tin foil for the cleanup. On another note, the side dish includes just enough veggies mixed into the pasta to produce a well rounded meal but not so many that the kids won’t eat it. Once you see how fast this dinner can be made, it will become one of those go to meals we all need in our recipe boxes.
· 4 chicken cutlets
· 1 cup gluten free Bisquick
· Italian seasoning, garlic powder, salt and pepper, to taste
· 2 eggs
· ¼ cup milk
· 3 tablespoons grated parmesan
· 2 oz grated mozzarella
· 2 cups your favorite marinara sauce
· 8 oz gluten free pasta
· 1 cup grape tomatoes halved
· 2 cup frozen green beans, rinsed
· 2 cloves of garlic, sliced
· 2 tbsp olive oil
1. Preheat your oven to 450°F or 230 °C
2. In a shallow bowl stir together the Bisquick, Italian seasoning, garlic powder and salt and pepper to taste. Then in another shallow bowl whisk together the eggs, milk, 1 tablespoon of the grated parmesan cheese, garlic powder, salt and pepper to taste.
3. Dredge each chicken cutlet into the Bisquick mixture before dipping it into the egg mixture then back into the Bisquick. Place the cutlets onto a foil lined baking sheet either sprayed with nonstick spray or drizzled with olive oil.
4. Drizzle each cutlet with a few drops of olive oil or cooking spray then bake at 450°F or 230 °C for 12 minutes. Flip each cutlet before topping with sauce, grated parmesan and mozzarella cheese then return them to the oven for another 10 minutes.
5. Prepare the pasta according to the package instructions while you’re working on the veggies.
6. Add the green beans and garlic with some salt and pepper to a large sauté pan with a tablespoon of olive oil over a medium heat and sauté for two minutes before adding the grape tomatoes and sautéing for an additional two minutes. Add about ¼ cup of water to the pan, cover and simmer for an additional two minutes and turn off the heat until the pasta is done.
7. Add the cooked penne pasta to the pan with whatever sauce is left over from topping the chicken then stir to combine all of the ingredients.