|Shrimp Fra Diablo with Polenta|
Ingredients for the Polenta:
- 1 cup water
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp butter
- ¼ cup instant polenta
Ingredients for the Shrimp Fra Diavolo:
- 4 oz shrimp (peeled & deveined)
- Sea salt & red pepper flakes to taste
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 serrano pepper (seeded and diced)
- 1 clove garlic (peeled and sliced)
- ½ cup marinara sauce
- 1-2 oz red wine (white if you don’t want to discolor the shrimp)
- fresh basil
- To make the polenta, add the water, salt, and butter to a small saucepan and place it on a medium heat. When the liquid comes to a boil, add the polenta and lower the heat. Stir the polenta as it simmers for 3-5 minutes then turn off the heat, cover the pot and set it aside while you make the shrimp.
- Sprinkle the shrimp with salt and red pepper flakes. Heat a skillet to medium-high then add the olive oil, shrimp, garlic and Serrano peppers. Once the shrimp has sautéed for two minutes on the first side, turn them and allow them to cook for one minute on the second side before adding the wine. After another minute add the marinara sauce. Simmer for an additional minute then turn it off.
- To serve, spoon the polenta onto a plate. Top it off with the shrimp mixture then add some ribbons of basil, a few more red pepper flakes and a drizzle of olive oil to finish it off.
Post a Comment