|Brutti Ma Buoni Cookies - Gluten Free Ugly but Good Cookies|
- 1 ½ cups toasted almonds (finely chopped)
- ¾ cup sugar
- 6 large egg whites
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1tbs cocoa
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees.
- In a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment beat the egg whites until they begin to get light and foamy then slowly (one spoonful at a time) add the sugar while the mixer is still running until all of the sugar is incorporated into the eggs.
- Add the cocoa, then the cinnamon and then the vanilla and continue whisking until the eggs form glossy stiff peaks.
- Remove the bowl from the mixer and use a rubber spatula to fold in the almonds.
- Use a tablespoon or a small ice cream scoop and dollop the mixture onto a greased cookie sheet or silicone baking mat leaving an inch between the cookies. Bake them at 300 degrees for 35 minutes. Turn the oven off and open the door about 2 inches and let them stay in the oven for another 30 minutes. Remove them from the oven and let them cool before removing them from the cookie sheet.
Before serving the cookies, you might just want to take them to the next level of decadence. I filled mine with a dark chocolate ganache spiked with amaretto to compliment the cookies themselves. But I have to admit that served this way, they no longer live up to the ugly in their name. Oh no my friends, these cookies are a thing of beauty now.
Post a Comment