|Mini Plantain Pizzas|
- 1 Plantain (just turning yellow)
- ½ cup of your favorite Marinara Sauce
- 2-3 oz grated Mozzarella
- 2 tbs grated Pecorino Romano or Parmesan Cheese
- Fresh Basil Leaves for garnish
The Video Tutorial:
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Peel the plantain and slice into about ¼ inch slices.
- Toss the slices in a bowl with 1 tbs of olive oil. Then placed them onto a foil lined cookie sheet sprayed with a nonstick spray and give them a sprinkle of salt.
- Bake them at 375 for 5-7 minutes.
- When the plantains come out of the oven flip each one over with a spatula then top them with sauce and the two cheeses then return them to the oven for 5-7 minutes.
- When the Mini Pizzas are done place them onto a plate then garnish with some ribbons of fresh basil and serve.