|Chocolate Banana Bread with walnuts|
Banana Bread is perfect for breakfast or a snack any time of the day. Alright so maybe you did buy a few too many bananas earlier in the week and now you find them lingering in the fruit basket with one peel in the grave.
This is not the time for despair.
This is the time for action!
It's time to give those half dead looking bananas a new lease on life. Those over ripe bananas will ultimately make the best banana bread. The only thing that can make this sweet treat even better is the addition of rich dark chocolate. Now go forth and rescue those bananas.
- 3 Ripe Bananas (smashed with a fork)
- 2 Eggs
- ½ cup Butter
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1 ¾ cup G F Bisquick Baking Mix ** (see below for substitutions)
- ¼ cup Cocoa
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- ½ cup Semisweet Chocolate Chips
- ½ cup Walnuts
**If you don’t have GF Bisquick I’d substitute the ingredients below:
(1 ¼ cups rice flour , ½ cup cornstarch, 1 tsp xanthan gum, 2 tsp GF baking powder)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl whisk the GFBisquick and Cocoa powder together then stir in the sugar and cinnamon then set this bowl aside.
- In a medium bowl whisk the eggs, and vanilla, melted butter and mashed bananas. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until the batter is well combined but don’t over mix.
- Stir in the walnuts and chocolate chips then pour the batter into a greased 9x5 inch loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 for between 60 and 70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool the banana bread for 10 minutes before removing it from the pan. cool completely and serve.