|Gluten Free Sweet Potato Pancakes|
- 1/2 cup mashed sweet potato
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/8 cup heavy cream (you could replace this with oil or melted butter)
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 2/3 cup gluten free Bisquick *
* If you don’t have gluten free pancake mix in the pantry you could replace it with:
1/3 c rice flour, 1/3 cup potato starch, 1/4 tsp Gluten free baking powder & 1/4 tsp xanthan gum
- Whisk the milk, egg, heavy cream, sweet potato, and pumpkin pie spice in a medium bowl until the mixture is well combined.
- Add the Bisquick and stir until it is well incorporated with the liquid ingredients but don’t over-mix.
- Add some butter to a nonstick skillet or griddle and heat to medium-low.
- Drop about ¼ cup measures into the pan. Cook the pancakes fairly slowly to allow them plenty of time to rise and become fluffy before getting too dark on the surface. Let them cook for 3-5 minutes on the first side or until the pancakes begin to look dry and large bubbles begin to rise to the surface then flip and cook on the second side for a minute or two before they are ready to serve.
I like to add butter and a drizzle of maple syrup or honey. Or you could serve them with a scoop of vanilla ice cream if you really want to cool things down on a hot summer day. Give this one a try and call it Christmas in July.
This recipe will make about a half dozen 3-4 inch pancakes but you can easily double or triple this as needed.
I really enjoyed reading your article. I found this as an informative and interesting post, so i think it is very useful and knowledgeable. I would like to thank you for the effort you have made in writing this article.ReplyDelete