|French Fried Onion Chicken|
French Fried Onion Chicken
Prep time: 10 min
Bake Time: 20 min
- 1 cup gluten free French-fried onions ( I used Aldi’s G-Free brand)
- 1 tbsp gluten free flour ( I used Bob’s Red Mill)
- ¼ tsp seasoned salt ( I used Goya adobo)
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 oz smoked gruyere, grated (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400ºF (or 205ºC) and line a baking sheet with foil sprayed with nonstick spray.
- Add the French fried onions, flour and seasoned salt to a plastic bag then use a rolling pin to crush the onions and combine the ingredients.
- Dip chicken into the beaten egg then into onion crumbs and coat well.
- Bake on the prepared pan in the preheated oven for 20 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink.
- Optionally, during the last 5 minutes of baking add a layer of grated cheddar or smoked gruyere to give the chicken a French onion soup twist.