|Lemon Blueberry Mug Cake – Paleo Recipe|
If you want a summery dessert that's healthy enough to eat for breakfast than this is the cake for you. The paleo recipe is free of refined sugar, gluten, grain and dairy with healthy fats and protein to keep you fueled for hours. And you just cant go wrong with a classic combination of blueberries and lemon.
Lemon Blueberry Mug Cake
Prep time: 5 min
Cook time: 2 - 3 min
- 5 tbsp almond meal (I used a blanched variety)
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- zest of ½ a lemon
- ⅓ cup of fresh blueberries
- coconut cream and blueberries (to garnish if you want)
- In a small bowl, whisk together all of the ingredients except for the blueberries
- Once you have a smooth batter, fold in the blueberries.
- Transfer the batter into a 10-12 oz. mug sprayed with nonstick spray and microwave on high for 2 - 3 minutes depending on the size of your mug and the wattage of your microwave.
- Let it rest for 2-3 minutes then loosen the edges with a knife and turn it out onto a serving plate if you want.
- Cool completely and garnish with coconut cream and more berries if desired