|Whole 30 Meatloaf|
This Whole 30 compliant Meatloaf slashes the carbs without sacrificing anything that makes meatloaf the ultimate All-American comfort food.
Meatloaf - Whole 30 Compliant Recipe
Prep time: 20 Minutes
Bake Time: 1 Hour
Servings: 4 – 8 Servings
- 2 lbs total Ground Beef Pork Veal
- ¾ cup Almond Meal
- ½ cup Onion, Diced
- ½ cup Carrot, Grated
- ½ cup Zucchini, Grated
- 1 clove Garlic, Minced
- 1 Tbsp Oil
- Salt & Pepper, To Taste
- 1 cup Whole 30 Ketchup Divided (½ cup in the loaf & ½ cup on the loaf)
- 1 egg, Slightly Beaten
- ¼ tsp Cumin
- 6 oz. Tomato Paste
- ¼ cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- ½ cup Warm Water
- ¼ cup Raisins
- ½ tsp Salt
- Preheat oven to 350ºF (or 175ºC) and line a baking sheet with foil sprayed with nonstick spray.
- In a medium skillet, over a medium heat saute the diced onion, carrot, zucchini and garlic in a tablespoon of oil with some salt and pepper for 4 or 5 minutes until they soften and develop a slight bit of color then let them cool.
- Beak apart the meat with a large fork to get them roughly combine.
- Add the sautéed cooled veggies, almond flour, ½ cup of Whole 30 compliant ketchup, 1 slightly beaten egg, ¼ tsp of cumin and some salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix it all together until you’ve got a homogenous mixture then form it into a loaf on the prepared pan.
- Spoon the remaining ½ cup of ketchup onto the top and spread it carefully over the surface extending just about an inch down the sides but be careful not to let the ketchup go down to the bottom or it could burn if it bakes onto the pan.
- Bake it in the preheated oven for one hour then let it rest on the pan for 15 minutes before slicing and serving.