|Everything Spiced Almonds|
If you like everything bagels, I’ve got the perfect snack for you... They’re everything almonds.
And they’re delicious.
Poppy and sesame seeds mingle together with garlic, onions and caraway seeds to take these nuts to a level of flavor you won’t believe. They’re a great little party snack and even better as a game day nosh.
Actually I chose to do almonds because they’re naturally shaped like little footballs so they're sure to become a Sunday classic with my crew.
My only regret was that I just made one pound. Next time I’ll double the recipe for since these were devoured before my eyes.
Everything Spiced Almonds
Prep time: 5 minutes
Bake Time: 1 hour
- 16 oz almonds (unroasted & unsalted)
- 1 egg white
- 1 tbsp poppy seeds
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds (I used black and white tuxedo seeds)
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp minced onion
- 1 tsp caraway seeds
- 2 tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp onion powder
- Preheat oven to 290ºF (or 143ºC) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper sprayed with non-stick spray.
- To make the everything seasoning, stir together all the poppy seeds, sesame seeds, minced garlic, minced onion, caraway seeds, sea salt, garlic powder and onion powder
- Add the almonds to a bowl that's large enough to mix them.
- Beat the egg white until light and frothy then pour over the almonds and mix until all the almonds are coated.
- Pour the everything seasoning mixture over almonds and stir until the almonds are covered with the mixture then pour them onto the baking sheet and spread into an even layer.
- Roast for 1 hour turning and breaking apart every 20 minutes then remove from the oven and cool on the pan before serving.