|Paleo Butter Pecan Nice Cream|
Is there truly such a thing as healthy ice cream?
Maybe not but this Butter Pecan Nice Cream is a healthier knock-off indeed.
It redefines healthy gourmet indulgences for sure. It’s not only gluten free, it’s dairy free, egg free and free of added refined sugars too. But beyond all that it’s downright delicious.
Most nice creams are done using only bananas as the base ingredient before adding the other flavors. I’ve combined bananas with unsweetened coconut cream to add a more luxurious mouth-feel. Then dates are added to give a more complex sweetness and a touch of sea salt helps to mimic the salty flavor of butter. And this smooth creamy frozen dessert has plenty of chopped pecans stirred-in at the end to complete the masterpiece.
This nice-cream is beyond good reaching a level of mind blowing deliciousness.
Butter Pecan Nice Cream
Prep time: 10 minutes
Servings: Makes 1 quart (8 half cup servings)
- 4 ripe bananas
- 3 pitted dates (roughly chopped)
- 8 pecan halves
- ¾ cup coconut cream
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup chopped pecans (to stir in at the end)
- Slice the bananas into 1 inch pieces and freeze for at least 2 hours.
- Add the frozen bananas to the bowl of your food processor with the pitted dates, pecan halves, salt and coconut cream, then process until it is smooth and creamy. (You’ll need to stop the processor a few times to scrape down the bowl.)
- Place into a freezer safe container, stir in the chopped pecans, cover and freeze for 2-3 hours then serve.
Notes: If frozen solid, remove from the freezer 10 minutes ahead of serving to soften a bit.