|Banana Peanut Butter Blondies|
Sometimes recipes are inspired by necessity.
This recipe filled three needs.
I had people coming over and needed a quick easy dessert. This sweet treat couldn't require refrigeration since it was packed to the gills with an over ambitious load of groceries. And then there were those over-ripe bananas in the fruit bowl that were ruining the whole aesthetic of the arrangement on my coffee table.
Lo and behold the banana peanut butter blondie was born.
Banana Peanut Butter Blondies
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 35 min
- ½ cup butter
- ¾ cup peanut butter
- 1 ½ cups dark brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 mashed bananas
- 2 cups gluten free flour that contains xanthan gum (I used Bob’s Red Mill 1 to 1 baking blend)
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup mini chocolate chips
- ¾ cup confectioner’s sugar
- 1 heaping tablespoon unsweetened cocoa
- 2-3 tablespoons milk
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (or 175 °C) and line a 9x13 inch pan with parchment sprayed with nonstick spray.
- In large microwave safe bowl add the butter and peanut butter then microwave in 30 second increments, stirring after each session until the butter is melted and the two ingredients are stirred together well.
- Add the brown sugar, vanilla and eggs and mix until combined then stir in the mashed banana.
- Stir in the flour and salt and mix until the batter is smooth then stir in the mini chocolate chips until evenly dispersed throughout.
- Spread the batter in the prepared pan and bake for 35 minutes or until the center looks set.
- Let the blondies cool in the pan for 5 minutes then lift them from the pan and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- To make the glaze stir together the confectioner’s sugar, cocoa, and milk until you have a smooth glaze. Drizzle the glaze over the blondies and allow it to set for about a half an hour then slice into desired sizes and serve.
Post a Comment