|Prosciutto Wrapped Stuffed Dates|
These Prosciutto Wrapped Stuffed Dates have to be the easiest appetizer you can throw together. They’re upscale enough to fit in at an elegant party yet simple enough that you can easily throw a bunch of them together for your Super Bowl bash. I know what you’re thinking. Admittedly, this dish might not be the first thing that comes to mind when you’re dreaming up those game day foods. Well why not? I mean the dates themselves look like tiny footballs and we’re wrapping them in prosciutto, arguably the most upscale pig you can buy. So why not? Whether you’re rooting for your favorite team or just watching those epic commercials, these little bites will have people smiling.
Prosciutto Wrapped Stuffed Dates
Prep time: 10 min
- 2 dozen Medjool dates
- 6 oz soft goat cheese (see notes)
- ¼ cup walnuts
- ½ lb thinly sliced prosciutto
- To pit the dates, make a slit along one side, open them up being careful not to rip the date in half then remove the pit which will leave behind a hallow spot fill.
- Stir together the cheese and walnuts and once the mixture looks pretty well combined, stuff each date with a heaping teaspoon of the mixture and gently close the date around the filling.
- Wrap each date with a half piece of thinly sliced prosciutto that you've cut lengthwise then spear it with a toothpick to hold it together.
- I didn't have soft goat cheese when I made the video so I used 3 oz of crumbled goat cheese mixed with 3 oz of mascarpone cheese.