|Pumpkin Walnut Crumb Bars|
These gluten free Pumpkin Walnut Crumb Bars are a perfect addition to whatever you're planning for Thanksgiving. Bars are always a great choice for pie lovers that like the crust even better than the filling. It's also a great choice for those who feel pie crust challenged. The nutty crust and crumb layers are extremely easy to make and taste even better than the best pie crusts around. Pie bars are awesome because they can be cut into smaller sizes so that you'll have room for the rest of the dessert table. If the bars are cut into 4x6 sections they'll fit neatly into standard cupcake liners for a nicer presentation. Once you have a bite of these buttery autumn spices little nuggets of heaven, I think you'll fall in love.
Pumpkin Walnut Crumb Bars
Prep time: 15 min
Bake time: 40-45 min
Ingredients for the Crust
- 1 ¾ cup gluten free Bisquick
- 1 cup walnuts finely chopped
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¾ cup butter, diced
- 1 (15 oz) can pumpkin puree
- 1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp gluten free Bisquick
- Preheat oven to 375 ºF to 190 ºC and line a 9x13 inch pan with parchment paper.
- Combine gluten free flour, nuts, sugars, 1 tsp cinnamon. Add butter, mix until crumbly.
- Reserve 1 heaping cup of the crumb mixture then pat the remaining mixture onto the bottom of the prepared pan.
- Whisk together the pumpkin puree, sweetened condensed milk; eggs, pumpkin pie spice, 2 tbsp gluten free Bisquick and salt then pour it over the crust.
- Evenly scatter the reserved crust mixture over the pie filling.
- Bake 40-45 minutes or until pumpkin mixture has set.
- Let the bars cool completely before covering and refrigerating the pumpkin bars for 4-6 hours to chill.
- Store left over bars in closed container in refrigerator.