|Creamy Rice Pudding|
Creamy Rice Pudding
Prep time: 5 min
Cook time: 20 - 25 min
- 4 cups milk
- 3 cups leftover cooked rice
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup raisins
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup cream
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp butter
- Add the rice, milk, sugar and raisins to a medium saucepan
- In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs, cream, vanilla and cinnamon until well combined then add 1 tablespoon of butter and set aside
- Bring the milk and rice mixture to a slow simmer stirring frequently so the milk doesn't burn. It will take about 10 minutes to reach a simmering point.
- Simmer an additional 10-15 minutes or until the rice mixture starts to thicken, turn off the heat.
- Whisk a spoonful of the rice mixture into the egg mixture to temper the eggs so that they don’t scramble then turn the rice mixture back on to the lowest flame and stir in the egg mixture into the pudding well combined and the butter is completely melted.
- Transfer it to a serving dish top with a little more cinnamon and serve warm or allow it to cool to room temperature before refrigerating to chill.
- And a good tip with puddings if you don’t want a skin forming on top is to place a piece of plastic wrap directly on the surface of the pudding.