|Mini Pasta Pesto Fritters|
These Mini Pasta Pesto Frittatas turn your leftovers into a lovely little lunch you’d be proud to serve that friend that dropped by without notice this morning. Never panic as the lunch time hour approaches if you think there’s nothing in the house to eat. You'd be surprised what can be turned into a frittata. This dish is a perfect example of how leftovers that some might just throw away can be reinvented into hot crispy bites that almost anyone would love. So always think twice about the stuff that’s lingering in the fridge.
Thinking about the hunger in some parts of the world, I always use my leftovers to save them from the trashcan. But before just reheating something that would undoubtedly be a mediocre shadow of the original dish I try to think about transformation. This recipe fits the bill nicely as what would be a disastrous re-heat is revived into something I'd be very happy to eat.
Mini Pasta Pesto Frittatas
Prep time: 5 min
Cook time: 5 min
- 1 ½ cups Leftover Cold Spaghetti with Pesto Sauce
- 2 tbsp Pecorino Romano Cheese
- 2 eggs
- Chop the cold spaghetti until it’s cut into about 1 inch lengths and the bowl of pasta is looser and easier to stir.
- Add the eggs and grated cheese and mix until the mixture looks fairly homogenous.
- Preheat a cast iron griddle or skillet or nonstick sauté pan to medium hig heat then add some butter, olive oil, or nonstick spray to the pan.
- Drop spoonfulls of the mixture onto the hot surface and cook for 2-3 minutes on the first side and 1-2 minutes on the second side before removing from the griddle to cool on paper towels.
- Serve with a small bowl of warm marinara to dunk them in if you wish.
Post a Comment