Sunday, July 7, 2013

Gluten Free Mexican Chocolate Mug Cake

Spicy Chocolate Mug Cake













This gluten free chocolate mug cake features the warm spicy kick of cayenne.  Now I've been meaning to make a mug cake for a while now.  The whole warm dessert for one idea is very compelling.  And the fact that it can be thrown together in minutes is very appealing indeed.  And while I was thinking about it, I was hit with the brainstorm that since this is a dessert for one, it was also the perfect time to try the cake in a flavor combination that I happen to love but might not be right for everyone.  …. dark chocolate and chilies.

This chocolate Mexican cake might be missing the gluten but the flavor doesn't disappoint.  It’s like a combination between a chocolate lava cake meets warm chocolate sponge cake with spicy notes that warm the soul.  But it’s the simplicity that really takes the cake with this one.  In fact most of the instructions that I've read for a mug cake say to just mix the batter right in the mug.  But since I’m a little anal retentive I used a separate bowl to mix and then poured it into the mug.  If you do happen to try mixing your cake right in the mug, I hope you’ll leave me a comment on how it turned out.


Mexican Chocolate Mug Cake
Prep time: 5 min
Cook time: 2 ½ - 3 min

Ingredients:
  • 3 tbsp My Self-Rising GF Baking Blend (or GF Bisquick or Bob’s Red Mill GF Pancake Mix)
  • 3 tbsp sugar
  • 1 ½ tbsp. cocoa powder
  • Pinch of cayenne
  • Pinch of cinnamon
  • 2  tbsp. milk
  • 2  tbsp. vegetable oil
  • 1 egg
  • 1 or 2 oz of chopped dark chocolate infused with spicy red chilies

Video Tutorial: 




Instructions:
  1. Mix all of the ingredients together. 
  2. Add the cake batter to a 12 oz mug that’s been sprayed with nonstick spray. 
  3. Microwave it on high for 2 ½ - 3 minutes
  4. Garnish with chopped chocolate and whipped cream or iced cream

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...