|Asian Party Nuts|
These party nuts are so simple to make that it almost seems counter intuitive to write an elaborate blog post. Then again that’s not what I do here anyway. These sweet and salty spicy nuts have the Asian flair of Chinese Five Spice. AND THEY’RE DELICIOUS!! They’re also a great compliment to the Asian Party Meatballs I showed you last year. If you want something a little bit different than the usual fare for your Super Bowl Party, why not give these nuts a try.
Asian Party Nuts
Prep time: 2 min
Cook time: 5 min
- 2 cups mixed nuts
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp Chinese five spice
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp crushed pepper
- 2 tbsp light brown sugar
- sea salt to taste
- 1 tsp granulated sugar (optional to be sprinkled on at the end)
- Line a baking sheet with foil and set it aside.
- To toast the nuts in a large pan over a medium-low heat, add the nuts, and gently stir 1-2 minutes being careful not to break them up.
- Add the olive oil, brown sugar, and spices and stir continuously for 2-3 minutes or until all the ingredients are well combined, and the sugar just starts to melt. Be careful not to burn the sugar.
- Once the nuts look a little darker and they’re evenly coated with the sugar and spices, transfer them to the prepared baking sheet and sprinkle with the sea salt to taste.
- If you'd like the nuts a little sweeter to offset the spice sprinkle on 1-2 tsp of granulated sugar. Allow the nuts to cool and they’re ready to serve.