|Italian Potato Salad with Green Beans|
Italian Potato & Green Bean Salad
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 20 min
- 1 lb fresh green beans, with the stem ends removed
- 1 ½ lbs baby red skin potatoes, (halved or quartered depending on size)
- DRESSING INGREDIENTS:
- 1 clove of garlic, grated
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp spicy brown mustard
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 lemon, the juice and zest
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 scallions chopped into small pieces
- 10 sundried tomatoes, cut into ribbons
- To make the dressing whisk together all of the dressing ingredients except for the olive oil, sundried tomatoes and scallions.
- Once all of these ingredients are mixed well, slowly stream in the olive oil as you continue whisking to emulsify then stir in the scallions and sundried tomatoes and set this aside.
- Add the potatoes to a large pot of salted water and bring them up to a boil. Cook them for 15-20 minutes depending on size or until they are fork tender but don’t overcook them or they will fall apart.
- Add the green beans to the pot with the potatoes during the last 4 minutes of cooking.
- When the potatoes are fork tender drain everything and place into a large shallow bowl to cool down for a minute or two then pour over the dressing, toss everything together and serve.
Notes: If you don’t want to make the dressing yourself you can substitute about ½ cup of your favorite Italian dressing but make sure it’s gluten free.
Post a Comment