- FOR THE BATTER:
- 1 ¼ cups gluten free Bisquick
- 1 ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 1 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- ½ cup applesauce
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- TO SPRINKLE ON TOP:
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (or 175 °C) and grease an 8x8, 9x9 or 7x11 inch pan and line the bottom with parchment sprayed with nonstick spray.
- Mix together a tablespoon each of brown and granulated sugars with the 1/8 tsp of cinnamon and set aside to sprinkle on top.
- In a small bowl stir together the Bisquick and 1 ½ tsp cinnamon and set it aside.
- In a larger bowl whisk the melted butter and brown sugar together until well combined. Add the applesauce, egg and vanilla and continue whisking until smooth.
- Switch over to a rubber spatula, add the Bisquick mixture, and stir the wet and dry ingredients together until you no longer see any remaining dry mixture then stir in the walnuts. Spread the batter along the bottom of the prepared pan being careful not to disturb the parchment paper.
- Bake for 30 – 35 minutes or until the blondies are a deep golden color and a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Allow them to cool completely then refrigerate to make them even sturdier before slicing. Use a serrated knife to cut them and serve.
Notes: If you’re not following a gluten free diet, you can substitute either regular Bisquick or an equal measure of all purpose flour mixed with 1 tsp baking powder and ½ tsp baking soda.
|Snickerdoodle Blondies with Whipped Cream|
And if you’re one of those people that isn’t concerned with keeping the fat and calories down in your gluten free desserts, then by all means you can serve them with some whipped cream. Here whipped cream lies at center stage on the plate between prized edge free bites and a skinny edge strip otherwise known as my favorite part.