Apricot Citrus Pork Chops with Walnut Cranberry Rice
- FOR THE PORK CHOPS
- 4 boneless pork loin chops
- ½ cup orange marmalade
- ½ cup apricot preserves
- 1 cup gluten free chicken broth
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- dried thyme, salt and pepper to taste
- FOR THE RICE PILAF
- 3 cups of Minute instant brown rice
- 2 ½ cups of gluten free chicken broth
- ½ cup each of chopped walnuts
- ½ cup of dried cranberries
- 5 chopped scallions
- To make the rice pilaf, bring the chicken broth up to a boil then stir in the instant brown rice, walnuts and cranberries then cover the pot, lower the heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes. Turn off the heat and let it stand for 3 minutes covered before fluffing with a fork and stirring in the scallions.
- To make the pork chops, in a medium bowl stir together the apricot preserves, orange marmalade, soy sauce and chicken broth and set aside.
- Season the pork chops with dried thyme, salt and pepper to taste. Sear the chops in a large nonstick skillet sprayed with nonstick, over a medium high heat for 3 minutes per side. The chops should be lightly golden.
- Pour the glaze mixture over the pork, lower the heat, cover and simmer for 5 minutes per side then uncover and simmer for another 3-5 minutes or until the liquid in the pan has reduced to a sticky consistency and then they’re ready to serve.
Post a Comment