|Mini Bacon Cheeseburger Impossible Pies|
These Mini Bacon Cheeseburger Impossible Pies are sure to be a hit with the whole family. These are the way to go for anyone tying to keep the kids happy. Who doesn’t love a good bacon cheeseburger? But many of us are trying not to overindulge. These cheeseburger pies give you the best of both worlds. They’re packed with the flavor of a bacon cheeseburger without too much fat and calories. Lean ground beef, turkey bacon, and low fat cheese work together to keep these burger knockoffs from wrecking your healthy eating plan.
- 1 lb 90% lean ground beef
- 1 large onion diced
- 2 strips turkey bacon, diced
- 1 tbsp steak sauce
- 2 tbsp ketchup
- 2 oz low fat cheddar, grated
- ¾ cup gluten free Bisquick
- ¾ cup milk
- 2 eggs
- salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F (or 190 °C) and heavily grease a standard cupcake tin with nonstick spray. If you have a nonstick cupcake tin that’s even better.
2. In a medium skillet, over a medium high heat crumble and sauté the ground beef with some salt and pepper to taste for 2-3 minutes before adding the onions and bacon. Continue to sauté for another 5 minutes or until the meat is slightly browned and the onions are translucent.
3. Turn off the heat, add the ketchup and steak sauce and stir until all of the crumbled meat mixture is coated. The meat mixture should still have a dry appearance with no additional liquid in the pan.
4. Transfer the meat to a medium bowl and allow it to cool for at least 5 minutes then stir in the cheese.
5. For the batter, in a medium bowl using a fork or whisk, mix the Bisquick, milk and eggs together until well blended but don’t over mix.
6. Spoon just under a tablespoon of the mixture into each well of the greased muffin tin. Evenly divide the ground meat mixture between the 12 cups. Then evenly divide the remaining batter over the meat mixture. It will work out to just over a tablespoon of batter on top of each.
7. Bake them for 30 minutes or until the tops are golden and a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool for five minutes then use a small knife to completely loosen the sides before removing them from the pan. Serve with your favorite garnishes.
Notes: Be sure to check the labels on the turkey bacon, ketchup and steak sauce to ensure that they do not contain gluten. If you are not following a gluten free diet you can substitute regular Bisquick for the gluten free variety.