|Seven Layer Impossible Taco Pie|
Ingredients for the Taco Pie:
· 1 lb ground chicken
· 1 medium onion diced
· 1 can of black beans rinsed and drained
· ½ cup salsa
· 1 package of gluten free taco seasoning
· ¾ cup gluten free Bisquick
· 3 eggs
· 1 ¼ cup milk
· 2 oz low fat cheddar, grated
Ingredients to Garnish the Pie:
· additional salsa
· chopped olives
· additional grated cheddar
· diced tomatoes
· parsley or cilantro
· Greek yogurt or sour cream
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F or 205 °C and grease a 10 inch deep dish pie plate.
2. In a medium skillet over a medium high heat crumble and brown the ground chicken with the onions.
3. Add the salsa, beans and taco seasoning then stir to combine. Allow it to cook for a minute or two until the bottom of the pan looks dry. You don’t want to introduce extra liquid into the pie or it may not set properly.
4. Spread the meat mixture into the bottom of the pie plate.
5. Whisk the milk, eggs and GF Bisquick together until smooth. Pour the batter over the meat mixture.
6. Bake it for 30 minutes then remove it from the oven, sprinkle on the 2 oz grated cheese and bake for an additional 10 minutes.
7. Allow the pie to cool for 5-10 minutes before slicing. Top it with garnishes you’d like and serve.