|Pumpkin Whoopie Pies|
Whoopie Pies are not all black and white anymore. I’ve seen all sorts of varieties hitting the menus. Red velvet, banana cream, and German chocolate are just a few of the assortments I’ve recently seen. Are whoopie pies the new cupcakes? Who knows where the trend will go. What I can tell you it that these pumpkin spiced whoopie pies are delicious. Soft cakelike cookies are filled with velvety cream cheese icing. Beyond being easy to make, they’re a hell of a lot more fun to eat than a piece of pumpkin pie.
Ingredients for the Batter:
· 2 cups gluten free Bisquick
· 1 cup dark brown sugar, firmly packed
· 1 tbsp pumpkin pie spice
· 1 cup pumpkin puree
· 1/3 cup vegetable oil
· 2 eggs
· 1 tsp vanilla
Ingredients for the Filling:
· 1/4 cup butter, softened
· ½ cup light cream cheese, softened
· 1 ¼ cup powdered sugar
· ½ tsp vanilla
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F or 175 °C and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or spray them with nonstick spray.
2. Add the Bisquick, brown sugar, and pumpkin pie spice to a medium bowl, then stir with a wire whisk to get everything well combined.
3. In a large bowl whisk together the pumpkin puree, oil, eggs and vanilla until well combined.
4. Using a rubber spatula, stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until the mixture is well combined. The batter will be pretty thick.
5. Use a medium scooper or two spoons to divide the batter evenly into 24 cookies onto the two prepared baking sheets. Bake for 12 minutes then rotate the pans and bake for another 6 minutes. Remove them from the oven and allow them to cool completely before filling.
6. For the filling beat together the cream cheese and butter then add the sugar and vanilla and beat until smooth and creamy.
7. When the cookies are completely cooled turn half of the cookies upside down and place a generous dollop of the filling onto the centers of those cookies then top each with a second cookie and press down so that the filling just reaches the edges. Leftovers should be stored in the refrigerator.
Post a Comment