|Mini Chili Meatloaves|
Mini Chili Meatloaves are the quickest way I know to bring a kid friendly nutritious meal to the table in a hurry. They were born out of my daughter’s love for chili and my desire to have her eat something healthy. I figured if I smashed a can of kidney beans and combined it with the ground beef the resulting nutritional boost would be quite significant. Not only would the beans add vitamins and fiber, they’d also result in a lower fat dish that was packed with the flavors of a warm bowl of chili. My daughter actually said this was the best meatloaf she had ever eaten. I don’t know if I’d go that far, since I love traditional meatloaf too. But if you’re looking for a more nutritious meatloaf that can impersonate a bowl of chili like nobody’s business than these Mini Chili Meatloaves are the perfect choice.
Ingredients for the Meatloaf
· 12 ounces ground beef
· 1 can red kidney beans
· ½ cup gluten free bread crumbs
· 1 egg
· ½ cup salsa
· 1 tablespoon chili powder
· 1 teaspoon salt
Ingredients for the Glaze:
· 2 tablespoons ketchup
· 1 tablespoon brown sugar
· 1 teaspoon chili powder
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F or 190 °C
2. Rinse and drain the beans and add them to a medium then smash them with a potato masher.
3. Add all the rest of the meatloaf ingredients to the bowl and mix until well combined.
4. Divide the mixture into four parts and form them into loaves on a foil lined baking sheet spayed with non stick spray.
5. Spoon the glaze over the tops of each loaf and bake at 375°F or 190 °C for 30 minutes.