|Pecan Streusel Pumpkin Pie Slab|
This Pecan Streusel Pumpkin Pie Slab is an excellent addition to whatever else you're planning for your Thanksgiving dessert menu. Not only is it larger than a traditional pie, it's also easier to slice and serve and can even be made in advance and frozen. The guests are going to love this one.
Pecan Streusel Pumpkin Pie Slab
Prep time: 20-30 min
Bake time: 40-45 min
Ingredients for the Streusel
- ½ cup gluten free flour
- ½ cup rolled oats
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 6 tbsp cold butter. diced (3/4 of a stick)
- 6 oz pecans, chopped (about 1 ½ cups)
- 1 ¼ cup gluten free flour
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- 10 tbsp cold butter, diced (1 ¼ sticks)
- 1 (29 oz) can pumpkin puree
- 2 (14 oz) cans sweetened condensed milk
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 2 tbsp gluten free flour
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- ½ tsp ginger
- ¼ tsp ground cloves
- ¼ tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 375 ºF or 190 ºC and line a 9x13 inch pan with parchment paper.
- To make the pecan streusel, stir together the flour, oats, brown sugar and cinnamon then add the butter and pinch the butter through your fingers with a rubbing type motion until you have a coarse crumb texture then stir in the chopped pecans until they’re all coated and set the mixture aside.
- For the filling, in a large bowl combine the pumpkin puree, sweetened condensed milk, beaten eggs, flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, ground cloves and salt then mix with a whisk until the mixture is well combined and smooth then set aside.
- For the crust, combine flour, baking powder, brown sugar, cinnamon and salt then add the cold diced butter and pinch the butter through your fingers with a rubbing type motion until you have a coarse crumb texture that holds together when you squeeze it but breaks apart easily.
- Firmly pat the crumb crust mixture onto the bottom of the prepared pan.
- Pour the filling over the crust and spread it evenly being careful not to disturb the crust then evenly scatter the pecan streusel over the top and bake 40-45.
- Let the pie bars cool completely then cover the pan and refrigerate for 4-6 hours to chill to ensure perfect slices.