|Gluten Free Baklava Granola|
Prep time: 5 minutes
Bake Time: 10-15 minutes
- 3 cups GF rolled oats (I used Bob’s Red Mill)
- 3 cups walnuts, chopped (9 oz by weight)
- 6 tbs butter, melted
- zest of 1 orange
- 6 tbsp honey
- ½ tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of salt (about 1/8 tsp)
- Melt the butter in small bowl then add the orange zest honey, vanilla, cinnamon and salt then stir to combine.
- In a dry 12 inch well-seasoned cast iron skillet over a medium heat, add the oats and stir as you begin to toast them for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the walnuts and continue to stir for 2-3 minutes.
- Pour over the butter honey mixture and stir to distribute evenly over the dry ingredients.
- Stir continuously for another 5-10 minutes or until the oats are golden brown and the nuts begin to look toasted and release a nutty aroma. (Don't walk away!)
- Remove from the heat and allow it to cool in the pan stirring occasionally as the granola cools and gets crispy then transfer it to an airtight container for storage.
- Serve as a cereal or as a topper on ice cream or Greek yogurt.