|Sweet and Sour Cranberry Apple Pork Chops|
If you want to add a little holiday flavor to your weeknight menu then I’ve got an easy recipe for you. These pork chops with their sweet and sour apple cranberry medley accompaniment is the perfect solution.
Pork chops by nature are on the fattier side. Likewise they do well being paired with something acidic to cut through all that richness. This sweet and sour apple cranberry medley fits the bill quite nicely for a marriage of flavors the whole family is sure to love.
Sweet and Sour Cranberry Apple Pork Chops
Prep time: 10
Cook Time: 15 minutes
- 2 pork chops
- red pepper flakes
- 2 pink lady apples, diced into large chunks
- 1 large onion, diced into large chunks
- 1 ½ cups fresh cranberries
- 2 tbsp coconut oil or butter
- 2 tbsp cider vinegar
- To help the pork chops stay flat while they’re cooking, put a few small cuts through the fat rind every inch or so.
- Season the chops on both sides with sea salt, cracked black pepper, crushed red pepper flakes, thyme and rosemary then set aside.
- In a large skillet over a medium high heat melt the coconut oil then add the apples and onions and saute for 2-3 minutes then add the cranberries and a sprinkle of salt.
- Continue to saute for another 2-3 minutes or until you just start to see some color on some of the apples and onions and you hear a few cranberries pop.
- Pour in the cider vinegar and add another tablespoon of coconut oil to help glaze everything and after sauteing for another minute or so remove everything from the pan and set aside. (If you prefer a more wilted consistency just continue to cook adding water as necessary until it hits a consistency you’re happy with.)
- For the pork chops, add another teaspoon of coconut oil to the pan and increase the heat to just below high then add the pork chops.
- Sear them for about 3-4 minutes on the first side then flip them and sear for 2-3 minutes on the second side and it’s ready to serve.
Post a Comment