|Mini Prosciutto Wrapped Frittatas|
If you need an appetizer to add to your entertaining menu that doubles as a great brunch item, these Mini Prosciutto Wrapped Frittatas are perfect. They’re easy to make and can be done in advance then served at room temperature or even cold.
The frittatas I made for this video tutorial were actually used as part of my breakfast meal prep during week. I also made a potato pepper and onion hash to pair with the frittatas and packaged them together as breakfast for the week.
Mini Prosciutto Wrapped Frittatas
Prep time: 15 Minutes
Bake Time: 12 Minutes
Servings: 24 Mini Frittatas
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 serrano or jalapeno pepper, diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 7 eggs
- 4 oz prosciutto (8 thin slices)
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- Preheat oven to 375ºF (or 190ºC) and grease a (24 well) mini muffin tin.
- Over a medium heat, sauté the diced bell pepper, jalapeno, and onion in a tablespoon of olive oil for 3-5 minutes until the veggies start to wilt and develop a bit of color then set aside to cool.
- Beat the eggs with some salt and pepper to taste.
- Press 1/3 of a slice of prosciutto into each of the mini muffin wells.
- Evenly divide the sautéed veggies among the 24 cups.
- Pour beaten eggs over the veggies making sure all the cups are equally filled and bake at for 12-15 minutes or until the eggs are set.
- Remove them from the oven and let them cool for a few minutes before removing from the pan. Top with fresh parsley and serve.