|Low Carb Everything Buns|
If you're a fan of the Everything Bagel but you're trying to cut the carbs from your diet, then these buns are a must try.
Low Carb Everything Buns
Prep time: 15 Minutes
Bake Time: 30 Minutes
Servings: 4 Buns
Ingredients For the Everything Seasoning
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp poppy seeds
- 1 tsp minced dehydrated onion
- 1 tsp minced dehydrated garlic
- ¼ tsp caraway seeds
- ¼ tsp onion powder
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
Ingredients for the Bun Dough
- 1 cup blanched almond meal (or 112 grams by weight)
- 2 ½ tbsp psyllium husk powder
- 1 tbsp tapioca starch
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 4 eggs (1 of those eggs needs the yolk separated and reserved)
- 5 tbsp lard (melted 87g by weight)
- Preheat oven to 350ºF (or 175ºC) and line a baking sheet with a silicone liner.
- Stir together all of the spices for the "everything seasoning" and set aside.
- Stir together the almond meal, psyllium husk powder, tapioca starch, baking powder and salt then set it aside.
- In a medium bowl add 3 whole eggs and the white of the 4th egg and reserve the 4th yolk in a small bowl.
- Slightly beat the eggs then add the melted lard and continue to beat it together until combined.
- Mix the wet and dry ingredients together until well combined. It will take a few minutes if you’re doing it by hand and will look wet and separated at first but it will come together.
- Once the dough is well combined gather it into the center of the bowl and chill it for 10 minutes to allow time for the psyllium powder to absorb the liquid so the dough will be more workable.
- While the dough is chilling add a teaspoon of water to the reserved egg yolk and whisk to make an egg wash.
- When the dough is slightly chilled remove ¼ of the dough and roll into a slightly flattened ball then brush the top with the egg wash mixture and sprinkle over about a tablespoon of the seasoning mix and place it onto the baking sheet.
- When they’re all formed bake them for 30 minutes then allow them to cool on a baking rack and serve.
Post a Comment