If you love Kimchi but think it's too much work then this might be the perfect recipe for you. It's an easy slaw that uses the flavors of kimchi mixed with an easy bagged cole slaw mix so you can throw this together in minutes.
And once you've got a batch in the fridge the ideas are endless. It's great on burgers and sandwiches but it's also great as an ingredient in other recipes. I like to mix it with an egg and make kimchi fritters. It's great in fried rice or soup.
If I've got a bowl of this in the fridge your meals will be interesting all week.
Prep time: 10 minutes
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp fish sauce (gluten free)
- 2 tbsp Korean pepper flakes, (Gochugaru)
- 1 large clove garlic finely minced
- 1 bag coleslaw mix (about 6-7 cups shredded cabbage and carrots)
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- ½ granny smith apple (grated or finely diced)
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame seeds (optional garnish)
Video Tutorial: Coming Soon
- In a small bowl add the vinegar, fish sauce, pepper flakes, and minced garlic and stir until well blended.
- In a large nonreactive bowl add the slaw mix, green onions and apple and stir to combine then add the pepper paste and toss well.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours but overnight is better tossing occasionally.
- Sprinkle with sesames to garnish before serving