|Buffalo Chicken Dip |
Lighter Low Carb Recipe
You want to have a banging Super Bowl party but you’re still trying to cling to your New Year’s resolutions right?
So what do you serve?
I feel your pain people.
In this recipe I’ve lightened up my original buffalo chicken dip and managed to trim the recipe by over 500 calories.
With a small switch of Neufchatel cheese instead of using regular cream cheese, I’ve trimmed 240 calories. Then I slashed another 300 calories by replacing the cup of full fat sour cream with low fat Greek yogurt instead.
Have no fear folks, the bold flavors and creamy consistency of this one, will make it very tough to spot the calorie cuts. And you can further your fitness efforts by serving your dip with a full array of crudité. Raw veggies are always a more nutritious, lower calorie alternative to the chips and crackers.
But don’t skip the crackers and chips if you don’t want your guests to know there’s a lighter dish hiding in plain sight with the other Super Bowl fare.
Bottom line is that with a few small cuts and a little discipline you’ll be reaching your goals before you know it.
Buffalo Chicken Dip
Prep time: 10
Bake Time: 20
- 8 oz low fat cream cheese, softened
- 7 oz Greek yogurt (low fat 2%)
- 4 oz crumbled blue cheese
- 2 cups finely shredded cooked chicken breast
- ¾ cup hot sauce (I like Franks)
- paprika, for garnish
- 2 tbsp sour cream, for garnish
- Combine all of the dip ingredients and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Empty the mixture into a small greased oval baking dish and smooth the top.
- To make the dip look like a football sprinkle the top with smoked paprika and bake in a preheated to 350ºF (or 175ºC) oven for 30 minutes.
- To draw the football laces, load the sour cream into a Ziploc bag then snip off a small corner and draw on the football lace design,
- Serve immediately with crackers, corn chips, or crudité.