|Mini Pumpkin Cheesecake Trifles|
In my last blog I showed my version of Pumpkin Walnut Bread to say hello to the fall baking season. If you made a loaf then today's recipe is already half done. All you need to do is mix up that fall spiced pumpkin cheesecake filling and your mundane breakfast bread has become a fab dessert.
And if you don't feel like making the pumpkin bread then any leftover spice cake should work well here. Heck you could even do this with crushed-up cookies or graham crackers too.
Quite frankly the real stars of the show in this dessert are the Mini Trifle Bowls you can pick up at Amazon for about $15.00. Seriously, these bowls would make any dessert look spectacular. I'm already dreaming up what I'm going to do next.
Mini Pumpkin Cheesecake Trifles
Prep time: 10 min
Assembly time: 5 min
Chill Time: 2-3 hours
Servings: 4 (1 cup trifle bowls)
- 8 oz cream cheese, very well softened
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ½ tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp of vanilla
- pumpkin walnut spice bread, (4) ½ inch slices
- whipped cream to garnish the trifles
- Cut the pumpkin walnut spice bread into ½ inch slices then cut those slices into ½ inch cubes and set aside.
- In a medium bowl cream together the well softened cream cheese, brown sugar and pumpkin spice until well combined and smooth.
- Add the pumpkin puree, heavy cream and vanilla and continue to mix until the mixture is as smooth as you can get it.
- Layer each of the trifles with a layer of spice bread then a layer of pumpkin cheesecake filling then repeat with a second layer of each and top with a few more cubes of the pumpkin bread.
- Refrigerate for 2-3 hours to chill and set the filling then top with whipped cream and a sprinkle of pumpkin spice just before serving.
Notes: Rather than chilling the trifles for 2-3 hours they can also be served immediately if you prefer a less of a set cheesecake texture.