|Egg McMuffin Gluten Free Copycat|
When was the last time you had an actual Egg McMuffin?
If you've been on a gluten free diet for any length of time I’m sure it’s been a while. I used to love those little breakfast sandwiches. They were so easy to grab and clocked it at only about 300 calories which for me was worth it for a pretty nutritious and delicious breakfast sandwich.
And I was definitely missing my little breakfast buddy when I happened to stumble upon Glutino’s English muffins at my supermarket. I was definitely daydreaming about the good old days. Then when the kitchen gadget isle also happened to have those little silicone egg rings that I knew would make it easy to do the egg part the fate of this little endeavor was sealed.
Sometimes recipes just happen to be inspired by what you stumble upon.
It was indeed high time to do an Egg McMuffin copycat.
Gluten Free Egg McMuffin
Prep time: 5 min
Cook time: 5 min
- 1 gluten free English muffin (I used glutino)
- 1 slice of yellow American cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 piece of Canadian bacon
- butter (enough to fry the egg)
- Toast the English muffin for about a minute per side in a dry skillet then place one slice of cheese on the bottom half of the muffin.
- Heat the Canadian bacon in a skillet for about two minutes per side or until it has a little color on each side.
- Place a silicone egg ring into a cast iron or nonstick skillet heated to medium then melt a small pat of butter in the ring and add the egg, break the yolk, cover with a lid and cook for a minute. Then to keep the bottom from getting too overdone, lift the lid, splash in about a tablespoon of water around the outside of the ring and let the egg steam under the lid for another minute and it’s done
- Add the egg to the sandwich on top of the cheese then add the Canadian bacon before adding the top of the English muffin then serve while still warm.