|Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Poppers|
Who doesn't love jalapeno poppers? Before I found out I had problems with gluten, I frequently ordered them from any number of neighborhood fast food joints. Now I don’t have that option. Even though living in a big city means there’s a take-out place on practically every corner, there’s no one I know making gluten free poppers.
I remember them well with their crisp breaded exterior and all that warm gooey cheese how could I not fall in love. Of course they can be made with gluten free bread crumbs but it’s a lot of work. This version is super easy and low carb too. When you see how well the smoky bacon goes with the gooey cheese and spicy peppers, I don’t think you’ll ever be trying to make breaded poppers yourself again. I know I won’t.
These are simply out of this world.
Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Poppers
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 25-30 min
- 6 large jalapenos
- 8 oz softened cream cheese or Neufchatel cheese
- 2 oz grated cheddar, jalapeno jack, or habanero cheddar
- 12 slices of bacon
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (or 190 °C) and line a baking sheet with foil then place a baking rack on top.
- Mix the cream cheese and cheddar together until you have a well combined mixture.
- Slice each of the jalapenos in half lengthwise. Try to slice right through the stem since it looks nicer in the final presentation to have a piece of the stem attached to as many halves as possible.
- Scoop the seeds and internal white ribs from the peppers then stuff each with about a tablespoon of the cheese mixture. Wrap each pepper with a single slice of bacon slightly stretching and overlapping the slice as you spiral around the pepper. Finish with the end of the bacon on the bottom and pressed firmly in place before placing onto the baking rack.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the bacon looks as crispy as you want it.
- Let them cool on the rack for 5 minutes before transferring onto your serving dish.
Post a Comment