|Buffalo Chicken Sliders|
As I’m sure you all know, the NFL season kicked off last week. With that in mind I’m sure many of you are looking for great ideas to add to the game day feast. Even if you’re not a fan of football, chances are you’re probably a fan of the food.
I mean who doesn't love chowing down on all those vats of chili and platters of nachos and buffalo wings.
My easy buffalo chicken sliders borrow the flavors of those beloved wings in lighter, less messy sliders. And the beauty of these sliders is that these they’re made with leftover shredded chicken. And if you don’t feel like roasting your own chicken you could always buy a rotisserie chicken and shred that. But make sure to check that it is gluten free.
This recipe was done in a small version. But if you're making it for a game day crowd, I’d quadruple this one.
And once your guests taste these, be prepared to make them every week. Believe me, everyone will be begging for these spicy little buffalo sliders.
Buffalo Chicken Sliders
Prep time: 5-10 min
Cook time: 5 min
Servings: 4-6 depending on roll size
- 10 oz shredded chicken
- ½ cup hot sauce (Franks or Crystal)
- 2 tbsp butter
- ¼ cup Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp mayonaisse
- 2 oz blue cheese, crumbled
- 4 slider buns (I used 4 toasted Schar ciabatta rolls)
- romaine lettuce
- celery, very thinly sliced
- crumbled blue cheese
- In a small bowl stir together the Greek Yogurt, Mayo and blue cheese until combined then set it aside in the refrigerator.
- In a small skillet, add the butter to the hot sauce and stir until the butter is completely melted then add the chicken and stir until the chicken is completely coated in the sauce and heated through.
- To build the sliders add smear of the bleu cheese spread to the bottom of the bottom of the slider bun. Top with a piece of lettuce and spoonful of the buffalo chicken. Add a small dollop of the blue cheese spread then top with additional blue cheese crumbles, and thinly sliced celery.
- Optionally you can toast the slider buns to add flavor and texture.
- Inserting sandwich picks into the sliders will help to keep them together when serving.
Post a Comment