Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Black Bean Avocado Salad

Black Bean Avocado Salad












Black bean and avocado salad might not be the first thing that comes to mind when you’re dreaming up your summer side dishes.   For me it’s always pasta or potato salad that first pops into my head for a picnic or barbecue.  But when I saw my friend Karen over at the FoodJazz  channel create this delicious looking black bean and avocado salad with a cilantro lime dressing, I was intrigued.

Unfortunately I was also out of many of the ingredients she used.  Likewise I’ve reinvented her salad with a few simple pantry ingredients.  The result is a creamy spicy salad that’s off the beaten path. 

Let’s just say that mine never made it to the picnic.  Did I mention what a fantastic lunch this salad makes as the main course?  If you have time, you gotta check out the short video for Karen’s salad HERE.

Black Bean Avocado Salad
Prep time: 5 min
Servings: 4

Ingredients
  • 15 oz can black beans rinsed and drained
  • 1 medium avocado
  • juice of half a lemon
  • 1/3 cup sour cream
  • 1/3 cup salsa
  • 3 green onions, chopped

Video Tutorial: 





Instructions
  1. Dice the avocado and toss it with the lemon juice to keep it from turning dark then add the black beans.
  2. For the dressing stir together the sour cream, salsa and spring onions then add it to the other ingredients.
  3. Stir to combine then transfer to a serving dish and garnish with a few more green onions a little paprika or cayenne.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...